Mystic Seaport Museum to Reopen to the Public May 23 - Free Admission May 23-29
Updated: Jun 4
Mystic, Conn. (May 20, 2020) — Mystic Seaport Museum announces it will reopen to the public Saturday, May 23. To celebrate the occasion and to thank the community for its support of the Museum during its closure, admission will be free May 23-29.
Visitors will be welcome to explore the grounds, including the historic village and gardens, the shipyard, and the Mystic River waterfront. The indoor exhibitions, village buildings, and the historic vessels will not be open at this time. The Museum plans to expand access and programming for the public in the coming weeks as permitted by state and local authorities.
Operating hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m., May 23-25, and 12-4 p.m., May 26-29.
For the safety of visitors and staff, the Museum has implemented a number of COVID-19 prevention measures.
· The Museum has limited the capacity of the grounds to ensure safe distancing. This may result in asking some guests to return at a later time. Status updates will be posted on the Museum website (www.mysticseaport.org) and social media feeds.
· While on Museum grounds, visitors are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth unless doing so would be contrary to the visitor’s health and safety due to a medical condition.
· Visitors are expected to observe six-foot social distancing at all times.
· Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance point and other common areas. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and wipes.
· Entry will be via the South Entrance. Visitors should park in the South Lot.
· Currently there will be no food service, water fountains or shopping available on the grounds.
· Restrooms will be limited to one person or family at a time. The Museum will be cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms frequently.
· Visitors experiencing COVID-19 CDC-defined symptoms may not enter. People who have reason to believe they have been exposed to the virus are encouraged not to visit.
The Museum has been closed since March 13 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Mystic Seaport Museum
Mystic Seaport Museum, founded in 1929, is the nation’s leading maritime museum. In addition to providing a multitude of immersive experiences, the Museum also houses a collection of more than two million artifacts that include more than 500 historic vessels and one of the largest collections of maritime photography. Mystic Seaport Museum is located one mile south of Exit 90 off I-95 in Mystic, CT. For more information, please visit www.mysticseaport.org and follow Mystic Seaport Museum on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.